Thargoid Structures - Merope
Data sourced by CMDR DMehaffy and the Canonn R&D Team.
Canonn List of Thargoid Structures (Thargoid Sites), their location and whether they are active or not.Notes
- Note that you will need a Thargoid Artefact to gain access to an active site, these are easiest to obtain from Alien Wreckages (listed in the Interesting Systems page).
- To get the map to appear in the map room you will also need an Thargoid Probe (this is a real pain in the Aaartichoke to obtain). An article by Xenia_K explains the Canonn technique for finding UPs is here: UP Hunters Manual Checklist.
- To transport either of these in your ship you will need some corrosion resistant cargo racks that can only be obtained from the engineer Dr. Palin.
- Here is a brief video by Obsidian Ant on how to activate the Alien structure. There are few details that are unclear however.
- Alien Structure Map the Thargoid links are in antechambers that surround the central chamber holding the unknown device.
- There's a known bug with the Unknown Links. Sometimes they don't deploy. If not return to your ship, save the game, switch to another mode and try again. This worked for me.
- Once you have activated the structure you can pick up the 3 items and re-use them to reactivate the map as many times as you wish
- There is an interactive map of the sites here
- Note that the Thargoid Links can be mined, I got around 750000 CR each on the black market at Darnielle's Progress in the Maia system. At the same blackmarket I received 534000 CR for Thargoid Technology samples. Note that these blackmarket values have since been nerfed.
- 'Mel 22 Sector SK-E b12-1' is a good active site and here is a gallery of photos relating to our exploration of it : Thargoid Structure Gallery.